- "And that's Grand General Tagge, Vader."
- ―Grand General Tagge corrects Darth Vader, after he is addressed as just Tagge
Grand General was a senior rank within the Imperial Army of the Galactic Empire. Following the Battle of Yavin, General Cassio Tagge was promoted to the position by Emperor Palpatine and given overall command of the Imperial Military as well as authority over the Sith Lord Darth Vader. In the tail end of the Galactic Civil War, Kenner Loring held the rank, though Grand Admiral Rae Sloane was among several who always had wondered why Loring was made grand general instead of Hodnar Borrum.
Behind the scenesEdit
The rank of Grand General first appeared in Star Wars: Force Commander, a 2000 Star Wars Legends video game. It became canon when it appeared in Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II, a comic book written by Kieron Gillen and published in 2015. Holocron continuity database keeper Leland Chee was the one who came up with giving the Grand General rank to Cassio Tagge in Gillen's comic.
- Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 3: Vader, Part III (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II
- Darth Vader 12: Shadows and Secrets, Part VI
- Darth Vader 16: The Shu-Torun War, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 17: The Shu-Torun War, Part II (Appears in hologram)
- Darth Vader 22: End of Games, Part III
- Darth Vader 23: End of Games, Part IV
- Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI
- Doctor Aphra 4: Aphra, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious