- "Well, well. If it isn't the heads of the five Hutt families."
- ―Cad Bane, sitting in on a meeting of the Grand Hutt Council
The Grand Hutt Council, also known as the Hutt Grand Council and the Hutt Council, was the ruling body of the Hutts and their criminal enterprise. The council was located on the Hutt world of Nal Hutta and included a number of high profile and influential Hutt leaders. During the Clone Wars, Jabba the Hutt led the Hutt Council. It was during the war that the Grand Hutt Council allied themselves with Darth Maul and his Shadow Collective, assisting the organization with its takeover of Mandalore.
Following the Republic's arrest of Ziro the Hutt for the kidnapping of his great nephew Rotta, the Council feared that Ziro would reveal the Council's records to the Republic Senate. Thus the Hutt Council hired bounty hunter Cad Bane to free Ziro and turn him over to them. After Bane's successful rescue of Ziro, Gardulla and the Council demanded that Ziro hand over the records. Ziro refused to do so. After Ziro made his escape, the Council hired Bane to track him and the records down. Though Bane failed, Sy Snootles was able to give Jabba himself the records after she killed Ziro.
When Darth Maul and his Shadow Collective arrived on Nal Hutta, Jabba and the Council refused to join them, merely laughing at them. However, after killing one of the council members, Oruba, Jabba and Gorga agree to join Maul.
Following Jabba's death, the Council was left to determine who would fill Jabba's seat as leader of his empire. Several months after Jabba's demise, a decision had yet to be made.[source?]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans" (First appearance; via hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part One (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy