- "You will be in charge of that, Moff Tarkin. Or should I say Grand Moff Tarkin."
"The Empire's first."
- ―Emperor Palpatine and Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
Grand Moff was a title in the hierarchy of Sheev Palpatine's Galactic Empire. Wilhuff Tarkin, who was put in charge of the construction of the Death Star shortly after the Empire was formed, bore the title of Grand Moff. Grand Moffs were governors of "priority sectors". As a symbol of their charge, Grand Moffs bore a rank insignia plaque with twelve colored squares—a row of six blue squares over a row of three red and three gold ones. After the death of Emperor Palpatine and the destruction of the second Death Star, Moff Valco Pandion seized the title of Grand Moff for himself. By the time of the Battle of Jakku, Randd had become Grand Moff.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- "Bottleneck"—The Rise of the Empire
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- "TK-146275"—Star Wars Insider 166
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Princess Leia, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (Mentioned only)
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley"