- "You will be in charge of that, Moff Tarkin. Or should I say Grand Moff Tarkin."
"The Empire's first."
- ―Emperor Palpatine and Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
Grand Moff was a political title in the hierarchy of the Galactic Empire. Grand Moffs were governors of "oversectors." Oversectors and the rank of Grand Moff were both created at the suggestion of Governor Wilhuff Tarkin in the fifth year of Emperor Sheev Palpatine's reign. Tarkin became the first ever Grand Moff. As a symbol of their charge, Grand Moffs bore a rank insignia plaque with twelve colored squares—a row of six blue squares over a row of three red and three gold ones.
Other Imperial officers who became Grand Moffs include Randd, Lozen Tolruck, and Valco Pandion. Randd served as Grand Moff of the Exterior in the Outer Rim Territories, and Tolruck served as Grand Moff of Kashyyyk. Pandion was a Moff who proclaimed himself a Grand Moff following the death of Emperor Palpatine and the destruction of the second Death Star.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power!
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion