Grav-ball, also known as Zoneball, was a popular sport. It originated on Nubia and was played in small indoor courts. Teams of six equipped with remotely powered hover boots bounced around in a three-dimensional court in an attempt to score goals. Players pushed off walls and floors—and sometimes each other—for movement. The ball was held at the end of a repulsor baton and could be passed from player to player.
Games were held on informal levels in health clubs and on a planetwide level with professional leagues. There were one hundred and twenty-eight teams that competed for a bid to the Annual SecBowl, the sector championship. The chairman of the biggest Grav-ball federation was a Toydarian named Zen Lotto. He judged some of the largest matches personally on the energy fields of some of the most famous Nubian Grav-ball arenas.
Deme Tryshyn was the highest scorer in the history of the game, and was given a three-year partnership by Ardees Beverage Company worth 3.1 billion credits prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars. Staive Pedsten was another famous player.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived (Mentioned only)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 46 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- Republic Commando: True Colors (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Renegade (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Trapped (Mentioned only)
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 25: The Making of Baron Fel (First appearance)
- I, Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (as zoneball) (Mentioned only)
- Betrayal (as zoneball) (Mentioned only)
- Crosscurrent (Mentioned only)
- Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 19 (REP2, Repulsorlift Engines)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 103 (LEI5, Leisure)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia