The Starship Graveyard, also known as the Graveyard of Giants or Graveyard of Ships, was a wide desert area on the planet Jakku that took its name because of the wreckage of "giant" ships accumulated on its dunes.
One year after the Battle of Endor, the Galactic Empire and the New Republic fought a battle on Jakku, during which damaged starships of both factions crash landed on the terrain, littering the landscape with debris and dangerous volatiles like fuel and coolant. Among the wreckage of huge warships were the Inflictor and the Ravager. Republic infantry attempted to strike a decisive attack against the Imperial forces defending their weapons facility. In one section of the graveyard, the Crackle, the sandy terrain had been turned to glass from the heat of a crash.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Graveyard appears in a promotional video created exclusively for Facebook.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Puzzle Droids
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Immersive 360 Experience
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Starship Graveyard; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Starship Graveyard; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ A promotional video for Star Wars:Episode VII The Force Awakens. StarWars.com (September 23, 2015). Retrieved on September 23, 2015. "Speed across the Jakku desert from Star Wars: The Force Awakens with this immersive 360 experience created exclusively for Facebook."