A gravity well was the pull of gravity that a large body in space—such as a planet— exerted. Gravity wells could also be created artificially: thanks to a gravity well projector, it was possible to generate an "interdiction field" capable of disabling a starship's hyperspace maneuvers.
Incidents involving gravity wellsEdit
Centuries before the fall of the Galactic Republic, the technologically advanced Predori constructed starships able to withstand the crushing force of a gravity well. One such vessel, a prison ship christened Ashmead's Lock, managed to stay hidden within a gravity well until said well collapsed on itself.
Rey surmised that, during the Battle of Jakku, the Imperial captains locked on to the nearby New Republic vessels with their warships' tractor beams and pulled them down into Jakku's gravity well, causing them to crash without visible battle damage.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike" (First appearance)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only)
- Rey's Survival Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- Gravity well on Wikipedia