|Chronological and political information|
Born on the Rodian homeworld of Rodia, Greeata was considered an outcast by the violent Rodian society for her love of music and dance. The name “Greeata” was a common name for female Rodians meaning “talented.” Rather than focus on hunting, Greeata absorbed any information she could find on the music and dance of many intergalactic cultures. Having rejected the values of Rodian culture, Greeata left her homeworld to perform as a Kloo horn player aboard the intergalactic cruiseliner Kuari Princess. At one point, she visited Coruscant and was present at the Squid Lake performance at the Galaxies Opera House.
Greeata developed a friendship with Sy Snootles, lead singer for Kuari Princess's house band. After forcefully rejecting the sexual advances of a male Rodian, Greeata and Sy left the house band to perform as a duo. Evar Orbus discovered the pair performing in the Green Planet nightclub on Tothis. Mesmerized by Snootles' voice, Orbus asked her to audition for his band. While excited, Snootles said that she would only join if Orbus offered Greeata a spot. After learning that Greeata could sing, dance, and play the Kloo horn, Evar signed her on as a dancer on a per diem rate.
After fifteen years of dancing with Lyn Me and Rystáll Sant, Greeata was first accepted as a full member when Max Rebo founded his own band. During her tenure in Jabba the Hutt's palace, the Rodian wore bracelets that suppressed her pheromones. When fellow dancer Oola was fed to the rancor, Greeata was horrified and covered her face with her hands, unable to look. However, it was not long after Greeata began singing with the Max Rebo Band that Jabba was killed and his sail barge destroyed. In the chaos that followed, Greeata's Rodian survival instincts saved the band from a pack of Tusken Raiders.
Greeata and Rystáll later joined The Palpatones, where they were reunited with Joh Yowza. Greeata attained popularity as the band's lead singer. Notably, she gained fame with her hit song "Kick the Ranat."
Behind the scenesEdit
Greeata appears in the directory tree files for the 2003 massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. However, she never actually appeared on the video game's live servers as a proper non-player character. However, on at least one occasion, the events manager for Star Wars Galaxies known as Jason "Pex" Ryan did play as Greeata at a special player-made event. However, as these player events are considered non-canon, Greeata's appearance in Galaxies remains ambiguous.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Renewing the Universe"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- "Around the Galaxy"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 1
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- "Star News"—Star Wars Insider 32
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Greeata)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook - Special Edition
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Who's Who in the Max Rebo Band"—Star Wars Insider 67
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "A Bounty Hunter's Babe!"—Star Wars Insider 111
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- "My Star Wars!"—Star Wars Insider 141 (Picture only)
- (Indirect mention only)