Battle of YavinEdit
This squadron provided cover for Blue Squadron during the Battle of Yavin. Their main goal had been to join Blue Squadron in an attack run on the station's superlaser, and also hopefully distract the Empire from the exhaust port attack.
Battle of HothEdit
During the Battle of Hoth, members from the Rebellion's Green and Blue Squadrons and Rogue Flight were cobbled together and pressed into service as a unified "Rogue Squadron," doubling up as pilots and gunners aboard the Rebels' T-47 airspeeders.
Battle of EndorEdit
- Green Leader: Arvel Crynyd
- Green Wing: Name unknown
- Green Two: Gemmer Sojan
- Green Three: Tycho Celchu
- Green Four: Jake Farrell
Behind the scenesEdit
The Star Wars: A New Hope novelization mentions a Green Squadron covering the squadron that would become the film's Red Squadron. Since only the novelization mentions Green and every other squadron's name changed from novel to film, it was uncertain for many years that the extra squadron was named Green. The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia finally referenced the Battle of Yavin's Green Squadron in 2008.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-wing Alliance
- "Firepower"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- "Desperate Measures"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel
- Dark Empire
- Star Wars Battlefront: Mobile Squadrons