|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
A grenade launcher was a portable weapon used to shoot grenades over longer distances than they could normally be thrown.
Grenade launchers were military weapons that greatly improved the range of grenades. Grenades fired by grenade launchers always exploded on impact, regardless of timers. Grenade launchers were generally not able to hurl thermal detonators because these devices were too big and heavy, however some launchers such as the Thermal Detonator Launcher were specially made to fire these powerful explosives. Grenade launchers could also be mounted on a rifle, creating a dual-purpose weapon. The Under-barrel grenade launcher was one example of this.
The main variants of grenade launchers were the Micro-Grenade Launcher which fired smaller grenades and the Grenade mortar which lobbed grenades over distances longer than a kilometer. The Galactic Empire's Merr-Sonn Mobile Grenade Mortar was the vehicle form of a grenade launcher. The Grenade Mortar could fire up to one hundred grenades per second. The Empire also sometimes equipped grenade launchers on a Mobile Defense Unit. Grenade launchers could also be mounted to starfighters, making it possible for some ships to fire concussion grenades. By adding these launchers, a starfighters overall effectiveness could be greatly raised.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Grenade Launcher") (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Twin Stars of Kira
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Bossk's Mortar Gun)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Suns of Fortune