Grendu's dealings in rare antiquities often included illegal imports. One of these illegal sales was of a rancor to an unknown party. He hired a notorious trader to transport it from the Tarsunt system. It never reached its destination, whatever that may have been, because the rancor killed Grizzid and his crew. The ship crashed on Tatooine and eventually came into the possession of Jabba the Hutt.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi (First mentioned)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia