The Grey Wolf was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer best known as being the temporary flagship of then-Admiral Thrawn during Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin's attempted coup against Emperor Palpatine approximately one year before the Battle of Endor.
This Star Destroyer was specifically used during the punitive campaign against Ali Tarrak and the Nami in response to their theft of the TIE/D Defender technology. Under the guidance of Thrawn, and with the assistance of ace pilot Maarek Stele, the Grey Wolf successfully destroyed three Rebel Carrack-class light cruisers and two Rebel Strike-class medium cruisers—the Lonsigar 1 and Lonsigar 2—in addition to their substantial starfighter attachments.
The Grey Wolf was also responsible for deploying the Missile Boat piloted by Stele that succeeded in destroying the Nami starfighter factory. Thrawn would later utilize the Star Destroyer during his efforts at hunting down Zaarin and eventually destroying the rogue officer's flagship, the Star Destroyer Glory.
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (First appearance)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- TIE Fighter: The Official Strategy Guide
- TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide
- TIE Fighter: Defender of the Empire Campaign Disc: Official Secrets & Solutions