The Recusant-class light destroyer surpassed the Republic's Venator-class Star Destroyer in length and could easily outmatch its firepower with some assistance from Munificent-class star frigates. It had several large cannons positioned near the bridge section, which was itself based on the Munificent-class' bridge tower. There was also heavy turbolaser on the prow. It could carry a C-9979 landing craft on its ventral surface and, unlike regular Recusants, was equipped with hangars, one of the modifications unique to the ship.
The vessel was used to board Eeth Koth's flagship and kidnap the Jedi Master, setting a trap for the Republic task force sent to save him and in turn kidnap Grievous. It was later severely damaged and left to drift after capturing a Arquitens-class light cruiser and targeting it at point blank range.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 77