The Gromas Belt was an asteroid belt located in the Gromas system, within the Perkell sector of the galaxy's Mid Rim, in orbit of the star Gromas. In the year 0 ABY, mercenary Kyle Katarn and Rebel operative Jan Ors travelled through the Gromas Belt aboard their starship, the Moldy Crow, while en route to the moon Gromas 16.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Kyle's ship weaves through an asteroid belt, makings its way to the Blood Moon in the Gromas system."
- ―The Gromas Belt appeared in the Dark Forces script
The Gromas Belt first appeared without identification in the 1995 first-person shooter Star Wars: Dark Forces, developed and published by LucasArts. It was first identified in "Kyle Katarn's Tale, Mission 3: The Blood Moon," a 2005 Star Wars Miniatures scenario written by Jason Fry and Abel G. Peña and published on Wizards.com. The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book written by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, placed the Gromas system, and therefore the Gromas Belt, in grid square Q-7.
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- Dark Forces: Official Player's Guide
- (First identified as Gromas Belt)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 places the outbreak of the Candorian plague on Dentaal on 36:2:12, which falls in 0 ABY. The Official Star Wars Fact File 130 (MAD2-3, General Crix Madine) tie together the events of Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Madine's own recollections in Darksaber as follows: upon learning of the Dark Trooper Project, Madine alerts the Rebel Alliance to the project's existence, thus starting the events of Dark Forces. Shortly afterwards, Madine is ordered to release the Candorian plague on Dentaal, an event which is dated to 36:2:12 per the Adventure Journal. Madine vanishes into the wilderness shortly afterwards, spending a week in the jungles of Dentaal before escaping and fleeing the planet—only to be captured almost immediately by General Rom Mohc and imprisoned on Orinackra. Kyle Katarn then frees Madine from Orinackra, and Madine is then involved in the battle at Corellia. The New Essential Chronology states that only a short amount of time passed between Madine telling the Alliance about the Dark Troopers and his defection. The length of time Madine spends on the run places his capture and imprisonment on Orinackra firmly in the month 36:3, or the first month of 1 ABY. Therefore, the events of Dark Forces prior to the mission to Orinackra fall in 0 ABY, and the remainder of the game and the battle at Corellia both occur in 1 ABY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Dark Forces