- "That Grondorn—talented, I grant you, but he couldn't remember to put his shirt on unless he got a written order."
- ―Pytor Tuko
Grondorn Muse was a Human male member of the Corellian militia, who eventually left and became a popular folk singer before the Galactic Empire blacklisted him for the political content of his songs. By 0 BBY, Muse had joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic. That year, Muse attended a briefing held in the Alliance's headquarters on Yavin 4 prior to the Battle of Yavin. Some time following the battle, Muse rejoined the Corellian militia, and he played in the Fighting 357th Serenaders band. While returning to his base in the town of Bela Vistal following a training exercise, Muse realized he had left his kloo horn behind. He hired a spacer, who helped him retrieve his instrument, and brought it back to Bela Vistal. Muse then realized he had forgotten to deliver a datadisc of the anthem "Corellia Ho!" to Pytor Tuko, the leader of another band, the Battling 166th Troubadours. He then paid the spacer to make the delivery for him.
- "Look, you try herding a pack of wayward Serenaders out in the middle of nowhere, and you'll lose track of details too. I hope if you can get the band member and my horn back safely, I won't get in trouble with my commander. Will you bring him here?"
- ―Grondorn Muse
A Human male, Grondorn Muse was a member of the planet Corellia's militia during the Galactic Civil War. At some point, he married a woman by the name of Duriet. He eventually left the Corellian militia, and established himself as a folk singer, famous for his songs "Ballad of Stars' End" and "Those Ole Spacer's Blues," and for breaking out in the traditional Space Pirate Boogie to close his performances. A popular musician, the political content of his songs resulted in the Galactic Empire blacklisting him. By the year 0 BBY, Muse joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic along with Duriet.
In 0 BBY, Muse was present in the Great Temple, the Alliance's main headquarters on the moon Yavin 4. Prior to the Battle of Yavin, Muse attended a briefing held by the base's commander, General Jan Dodonna, who discussed the Alliance's plans to attack the Imperial DS-1 Orbital Battle Station superweapon after a weakness had been discovered in the battlestation's thermal exhaust port. Alliance starfighters were sent to destroy the station by firing proton torpedos into its exhaust port. The battle was a major victory for the Alliance when Rebel pilot Luke Skywalker managed to successfully destroy the battlestation.
Sometime following the Battle of Yavin, Muse returned to Corellia. By that point, he was once again a member of the militia in the city of Bela Vistal, and he played the kloo horn in a militia band known as the Fighting 357th Serenaders. Around this time, Muse and his fellow band members went on a training exercise out in the wilds. After they returned to base, Muse discovered that he had forgotten his kloo horn. Vincol Dunker, one of his bandmates, went to retrieve the kloo horn, but he got lost in the wilderness.
Fortunately for Muse, he encountered a spacer who was willing to help. Muse asked the spacer to find the band member and his kloo horn, so that he would not get in trouble with his commander. The spacer agreed, and successfully set out to find Dunker, bringing him and the kloo horn safely back to Muse in Bela Vistal in return for 750 credits.
However, Muse required more assistance from the spacer. When Dunker was brought back to Bela Vistal, he gave Muse a datadisc with a new arrangement of the popular anthem "Corellia Ho!", which Muse had promised to deliver to Pytor Tuko, the band leader of the Battling 166th Troubadours. Muse had completely forgotten about the arrangement, and he could not deliver the datadisc himself, as he had to wait in town for new militia orders. Muse asked the spacer to deliver it for him, offering payment in return. After hearing Muse recite a portion of the tune, the spacer agreed to carry out the task. After finding Tuko and giving him the datadisc, the spacer returned to Muse and was awarded with 1,000 credits. Muse mentioned that the Battling 166th Troubadours could now hold their rehearsals in the wilderness, and after the task's completion, he informed the spacer that the militia situation was now under control.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Thanks. The band member's name is Vincol Dunker. He found my kloo horn, so don't let anything happen to him. That might hurt the horn. Sorry, just joking."
- ―Grondorn Muse
As a musician, Grondorn Muse was blacklisted by the Empire for the political content of his songs. He was described by his comrades in the Corellian militia as "forgetful;" he managed to both leave behind his kloo horn on a training exercise, and forget to deliver the "Corellia Ho!" disc to Pytor Tuko. When the spacer pressed Muse by asking him why he forgot his kloo horn, he answered defensively that herding a pack of wayward Serenaders out in the middle of nowhere was no easy task. He also had a penchant for making jokes, such as when he implied to the spacer that the safety of his kloo horn was more important than that of his fellow band member, Vincol Dunker. Likewise, he commented on the quality of rehearsals performed by the Battling 166th Troubadours by saying it was better for them to play in the wilds. Muse also possessed a certain level of Force-attunement. At the time of the Battle of Yavin, he had blond hair, blue eyes and fair skin. By his time with the Fighting 357th Serenaders, Muse had become bald with gray eyebrows, and his skin had a darker tone.
Behind the scenesEdit
Portrayed by an uncredited Dave Holland, Grondorn Muse first appeared in 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope as a background character during the briefing prior to the Rebel assault on the Death Star. He was given a name, and his backstory was slightly expanded, in the Special Edition Limited set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. The name "Grondorn Muse" is an anagram of Gordon Sumner, the singer better known as Sting.
Muse later appeared as a non-player character in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. Players who performed a series of quests for Muse had to escort Vincol Dunker to Bela Vistal, and deliver a datadisc to Pytor Tuko outside of town. In the game, Muse's appearance differed significantly from that of his depiction in the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. Although the player could choose not to do Muse's quests, this article assumes 100% game completion.
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Grondorn Muse) (First identified as Grondorn Muse)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Grondorn Muse)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ More Star Wars. Convention-guests.com. Archived from the original on April 11, 2010. Retrieved on January 2, 2014.
- ↑ Trudie Styler interview: 'I get a lot of mud slung at me'. The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited (2014-04-13, 7:00AM BST). Archived from the original on August 14, 2017. Retrieved on March 4, 2018.
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG to close this year. The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited (2011-06-27, 3:42 pm BST). Archived from the original on March 24, 2016. Retrieved on June 25, 2018. "Sony, who created the game, announced via email and the game's support forum and website that the online game will be closed on 15 December ."