Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Groth was a planet that was located within the star system of the same name and lay deep within the Bootana Hutta area of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. A former throneworld of the Hutt species, the planet eventually became a resort that was the site of gladiatorial exhibitions and gambling. During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in the year 3643 BBY, an information broker on Groth sliced into the military database of the Empire.
Groth was a world that was located within the Groth system. It constituted a part of the Bootana Hutta area of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. Three small hyperlanes connected Groth to the worlds of Sakiya, Kor Desilijic and Kor Trinivii.
The territory surrounding Groth had come under the control of the sentient Hutt species as early as the year 22,000 BBY and was considered well-explored by 8000 BBY. At some point in Groth's history, the planet served as a Hutt throneworld, however it was eventually turned into a resort that was the site of gladiatorial exhibitions and gambling. During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in 3643 BBY, an information broker on Groth sliced into the Empire's military database.
Behind the scenesEdit
Groth was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published on August 18, 2009—which placed the planet in grid square S-11. The planet was later mentioned again in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released in 2011, in which it was used as a possible location for Imperial players to assign their companions on individual quests.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Atlas, p. 28
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Essential Atlas, p. 31
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 17
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 119
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 120
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Slicing Crew Skill Mission: "Slice the Slicer"
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.