Ground Assault Vehicles or GAVs was the designation given to a multitude of armored ground vehicles.
During the Clone Wars, the Balawai militia on Haruun Kal used modified steamcrawlers that were equipped with high-explosive chemical cannons, flamethrowers, and side-mounted high-velocity slugthrowers.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, the term received usage as the all-encompassing definition for terrestrial war machines ranging from walkers to repulsorcraft, including three subcategories referred to as Surface Assault Vehicles, Repulsorlift Assault Vehicles, and walker-type.
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- "Repulsortank Battlefield"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia