- "Oh great. It's the Guavian Death Gang. They must've tracked us from Nantoon."
- ―Han Solo
The Guavian Death Gang was a criminal organization in operation roughly thirty years after the Battle of Endor. The gang was driven out of the Core Worlds due to unrest in the galactic underworld after the collapse of the Galactic Empire. They employed deadly soldiers in high-impact red cybernetic armor.
The Guavian Death Gang's red-armored foot soldiers were recruited after swearing loyalty to the gang in exchange for a cybernetic augmentation. They were equipped with a mechanical reservoir that acted as a second heart, injecting a secret combination of chemicals into the soldiers' bloodstream, giving them a boost of speed and aggression. They communicated via high frequency data streams transmitted from the central disk in their faceplates. Soldiers were armed with the latest black market technology, such as the Tostovin Munitions percussive cannon, carried by Bala-Tik.
Confronting Han SoloEdit
- "Bala-Tik. What's the problem?"
"The problem is we loaned you 50,000 for this job."
- ―Han Solo and Bala-Tik
The Guavian Death Gang and their negotiator Bala-Tik encountered Han Solo and Chewbacca on the freighter Eravana about thirty years after the Battle of Endor. They were accompanied by Kanjiklub when they threatened Han Solo and expressed their impatience with him and his endless excuses, after Solo delayed on repaying them the 50,000 credits he foolishly borrowed. When Bala-Tik recognized BB-8, he told Solo that the First Order was looking for the droid and for the fugitives Finn and Rey. Upon hearing this, Rey thought of activating the blast doors on either side of Han and Chewbacca to trap both the gangs. Rey activated the wrong doors, releasing the three rathtars Han Solo was keeping on his freighter. The rathtars devoured most of the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub, leaving only Bala-Tik and possibly a few other soldiers. During the battle, Han Solo and Chewbacca escaped on the Millennium Falcon with BB-8, Rey, and Finn. Bala-Tik then contacted the First Order and told them that BB-8 was on the Millennium Falcon.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Mentioned only)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (First mentioned)
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Han & Chewie Return!
- Rey's Survival Guide (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Hunting for Han"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75180 Rathar Escape)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary