- "We proceeded down Guildhead's Way, a broad avenue that provided an unobstructed path to the government center."
- ―Colonel Maximilian Veers, Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
Guildhead's Way was an avenue in the city of Salline on Chandrila, which led to the government center. During the Galactic Civil War, sometime in between 2 and 0 BBY, the Empire invaded Salline with the intention of taking the government center using the AT-ATs Hammer 6 and eight, as well as four AT-STs. The AT-ATs advanced down the avenue, and Hammer 6 came under attack twice from rebel forces hidden inside the upper stories of buildings using missile batteries. The second attack caused Hammer 6's hip joint to seize up, so the commander of Hammer 8, Colonel Maximilian Veers, ordered it to remain behind and serve as a 180 degree elevated turret. The Empire ultimately won the battle, with Hammer 8 routing the Rebel forces in the government center. Veers later mentioned Guildhead's Way in his report on the battle, which became known as the Pacification of Salline, and was included in the Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide.
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide places the publication of the book of the same name before the Battle of Yavin, and the Pacification of Salline involves the Alliance to Restore the Republic, which was formed in 2 BBY according to The Force Unleashed comic, thus the Pacification must have taken place sometime in between 2 and 0 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide