Gundarks were large, fearsome predatory animals from Vanqor. Gundarks had 16 claws. To tell someone that they "looked strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark" meant that they were healthy and unusually strong.
At some point prior to Anakin and Obi-Wan's assignment of guarding Senator Padmé Amidala from an assassination attempt, Obi-Wan and Anakin fell into a gundarks' nest, although Anakin reminded Obi-Wan that he went in the nest to rescue Obi-Wan. The gang leader Tasu Leech used a gundark bone as his rifle's grip.
Behind the scenesEdit
Though gundarks were first mentioned in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, they did not appear in canon until the first season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Their first appearance in any Star Wars media was in the Star Wars Legends game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, released in 2001.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (Pelt only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (Pelt only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue" (Costume)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest (Appears as a corpse)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (Hide)
- "Becoming Hunted"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 10
- Star Wars 6: Skywalker Strikes, Part VI (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Bones only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ; image #26 (of 29)