Gundarks were large, fearsome predatory animals from Vanqor. Gundarks had 16 claws. To tell someone that they "looked strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark" meant that they were healthy and unusually strong.
At some point prior to Anakin and Obi-Wan's assignment of guarding Senator Padmé Amidala from an assassination attempt, Obi-Wan and Anakin fell into a gundarks' nest, although Anakin reminded Obi-Wan that he went in the nest to rescue Obi-Wan. The gang leader Tasu Leech used a gundark bone as his rifle's grip.
Behind the scenesEdit
Though gundarks were first mentioned in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, they did not appear in canon until the first season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Their first appearance in any Star Wars media was in the 1981 Marvel comic Star Wars 51: Resurrection of Evil, followed by the Star Wars Legends game Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, released in 1993.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ; image #26 (of 29)
Notes & ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
- ↑ "The Size of the Fight"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ "Becoming Hunted"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 10