- "Master, what's a bongo?"
"A transport, I hope."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn
Gungan bongo submarines, also known simply as bongos, were submersible vehicles used by the Gungans to traverse the oceans of Naboo. Bongo hulls were organically grown by the Gungans, through techniques they kept secret, while hydrostatic bubble shields provided life support for the cockpit. Thrusting capabilities came from tentacle-like fins that spun on the back of the vehicle. Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Jar Jar Binks used a bongo to get from Otoh Gunga to Theed during the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Join the Resistance (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as Gungan bongo submarine)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know