Gutkurrs were a species of predatory insectoid carnivores native to the planet Ryloth. During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems deployed gutkurrs to attack Galactic Republic clone troopers during the Battle of Ryloth. Gutkurrs were said to be the second-most dangerous predator on Ryloth, the first being lyleks. Gutkurrs were also found on the planet Onderon.
During the Separatists occupation of Ryloth, TX-20 had his troops capture several Gukurrs and had them placed in cages near his proton cannon battery in Nabat. He then had his sergeant starve the Gutkurrs.
When the Republic sent General Obi-Wan Kenobi's Ghost Company to secure Nabat for their landing, TX-20's sergeant then released the Gutkurrs. The Gutkurrs attacked and killed several of Kenobi's troopers. However, Kenobi was able to lure several them away from his troopers using the Force and then had his troopers seal them off. Several Gutkurrs also attacked troopers Boil, Waxer, and Numa at her home before escaping through a secret passage.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Lords of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded