Gwellis Bagnoro was a mysterious Onodone male who rarely talked about his past. He worked as an expert forger specializing in transit documents thirty years after the Battle of Endor. He was present in the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana with his loyal and protective pet barghest Izby when the smuggler Han Solo arrived with the astromech droid BB-8, the scavenger Rey and the ex-stormtrooper Finn. Shortly after Solo's arrival, the First Order destroyed the planets of the Hosnian system with their Starkiller Base superweapon, an event which was visible from Takodana's surface and so drew many of the patrons of the castle out to watch in horror. The castle itself was then attacked and destroyed by the forces of the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
Gwellis Bagnoro was created for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, where he appeared briefly as a background character in Maz Kanata's castle. The character was first revealed to the public through an exclusive article on the website of Vanity Fair in May 2015, seven months before the films release. Neither the article nor the film identified the character, but his name was revealed in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the same day as the film. Bagnoro was portrayed by an uncredited Arti Shah.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Gwellis Bagnoro)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Leibovitz, Annie (May 4, 2015). Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o's Characters Revealed in Exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens Photos. Vanity Fair. Retrieved on May 4, 2015.