Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
During the last year of the Great Sith War, Gyndine was the site of a battle in which the Galactic Republic was victorious. Millennia later, Jedi were victorious at Gyndine during a battle of the New Sith Wars.
Kuat Drive Yards maintained research shipyards in orbit of the planet. Before her discovery by Anakin Skywalker, the astromech R4-P17 was almost destroyed in an accident involving a trash compactor there.
Prior to the Clone Wars, in 22 BBY, a slaving operation was uncovered in the city of Yractos on Gyndine, where a Thalassian slaver was attempting to sell twelve Twi'lek slaves. During plea bargain sessions with the slaver, Jurisconsult Temlet Dodann uncovered evidence that four Outer Rim senators had also been involved with the slavers.
By 4 ABY, the planet had become an Imperial fortress world. The Empire abandoned the planet in 6 ABY, after the Battle of Reytha. Gyndine joined the New Republic sometime between 6 ABY and 7 ABY. It was a New Republic stronghold during the Hunt for Zsinj and the Thrawn campaign but the planet surrendered to the Empire during Operation Shadow Hand.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, the planet agreed to accept refugees, only to be attacked and conquered by the Yuuzhan Vong. During the battle, the extragalactic invaders deployed Fire Breathers which burned Gyndine's forests and boiled its lakes. The New Republic later raided the world. Just before the end of the war, Boba Fett and his Mandalorian Protectors, whom he had taken command of following the death of Fenn Shysa, arrived at Gyndine. Deploying Meteor-class Q-Carriers and Pursuer Enforcement Ships from a Mandalorian dungeon ship, they were able to reclaim the world from its conquerors.
Behind the scenesEdit
The well-known 1978 blueprints by Geoffrey Mandel name Gyndine as the site of the shipyard where the prototype of the "Star Destroyer Imperator Class" was built, but it is unclear whether these plans were an official publication.
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:15 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 70
- "The Fear Architects"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.32 (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First appearance)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 2
- (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- Emissary of the Void (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Legacy of the Force: Fury
- Millennium Falcon (Indirect mention only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 18
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ "The Fear Architects"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.32
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:15 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 70
- ↑ Splinter of the Mind's Eye
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Exile