The H'kig was a religious sect based on the teachings of H'kig.
On Galand, H'kig spread a message of value of simple living, high morality, goodness, and acceptance and edicts governing eating, grooming and the use of repulsorcraft. The message drew masses to him but also drew the ire of the Galand royalty. When H'kig was executed by order of the Galand viceroy, the leader was martyred and sparked an exodus of his followers. The group, who named itself the H'kig to honor their fallen leader, purchased two colony starships and fled Galand in 64 BBY.[source?] In 60 BBY, the H'kig arrived on Rishi, where they established a theocracy based on H'kig's teachings. But even the accepting ways of the H'kig were not without their faults, visible when a splinter group left Rishi over a doctrinal dispute and established a new H'kig community on J't'p'tan, in the Koornacht Cluster.
The majority of H'kig followers and priests hailed from Galandan stock, but the sect accepted believers of any species.
Jeh, "the imminent", teh, "the transcendent", and peh, "the eternal" represented the three key components of H'kig beliefs. Considered too holy to be written in full, the ideas were encapsulated in glyphs.
They presumably made H'kig chimes.
- X-Wing: The Bacta War (Mentioned only)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- Shield of Lies (First appearance)
- Tyrant's Test
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA5, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas