| Production information
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
- "Signal benchmarks attained. Variance acceptable. Combat systems aligned. We are HELIOS-3D."
HELIOS-3D, or simply 3D, was an IG-86 sentinel droid bounty hunter, who joined Cad Bane on Coruscant during the Republic Senate Building hostage siege, an operation to rescue Ziro Desilijic Tiure from Republic imprisonment.
- "We are to rendezvous back at the Senate building."
"What? No, no, no, no; the Outer Rim, not the Senate you stupid machine!"
- ―HELIOS-3D and Ziro the Hutt
3D was part of Cad Bane's posse and took part in the operation to free Ziro the Hutt from Republic custody. His job was to escort Senator Orn Free Taa to the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center with a pardon disc authorizing Ziro's release. They traveled in an airspeeder towing a sled for the Hutt behind it. When Ziro was released and boarded the transport, 3D piloted it back to the Senate Building, where the rest of the team, including Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Shahan Alama and Robonino boarded the craft and left the crime scene unhindered.
After the successful rescue of Ziro, the group descended into the lower levels of Coruscant where Bane instructed the members of the posse to disappear somewhere the Republic wouldn't find them. 3D traveled to Iego and hid on the wreckage of an abandoned Munificent-class star frigate left by the Confederacy of Independent Systems in a section of Iego's orbit known as "the Thicket." The droid managed to reactivate and reprogram several Vulture droid starfighters left behind when the Separatists abandoned the system as well as part of the LaserWeb Defense Station that had been previously deactivated by Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
When Jaybo Hood, a resident of Iego, noticed activity in the skies over Iego, he launched several probes into orbit to find out what he was seeing. All of his probes stopped transmitting data at which point Hood notified the Jedi fearing a return of the Separatists. Master Yoda dispatched Skywalker and Kenobi to verify the reports. 3D was actually the one intercepting and reprogramming the probes, including the unmanned drones the Republic was sending into the Thicket. After two clone pilots and their starfighters were destroyed while searching the Thicket, more V-19 Torrent starfighters were launched and managed to eliminate the remaining droid forces. Skywalker, Kenobi and Hood ventured into the debris field aboard Twilight and discovered the abandoned Munificent-class frigate housing 3D.
The three Humans found the deactivated shell of 3D aboard the bridge of the frigate and Hood asked if he could salvage the droid. Skywalker refused stating they had to study the dangerous droid, removing and taking the head with them.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis" (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part III)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Heroes and Villains Flip Book (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars: Prima Official Game Guide
- (First identified as HELIOS-3D)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.41
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 11 (IGS2, IG-Series Droids) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part 3)
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part 1)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- ↑ Droids Over Iego
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part 3) bonus page