Sometime before 3640 BBY
Blaster rifle, integrated modular weapon mounts
|Chronological and political information|
- "Manifesto: The maker created me for the sole function of deleting high-ranking organic troublemakers from the galaxy. These deletions must be conspicuous, and provide an object lesson to other organic troublemakers! All other mission parameters are secondary."
- "Schematics for HK generation 51: Blaster to accuracy ratio: increased by 21%. Durasteel impact frame resistance: increased. Conclusion: halting production. Units are in standby mode, pending further testing of behavior cores and assassination protocols."
- ―Log of the HK-51's development status
They were designed by Czerka Corporation sometime in the late stages of the Great Galactic War. A large number of the droids were later purchased by the reconstituted Sith Empire around a decade into the Cold War. An Imperial destroyer Fatality containing the droids had crashed on Belsavis some time later. Around 3640 BBY, renegade Sith rediscovered the freighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Revelation: We have already begun construction on a new generation of HK units. When the last of our deficiencies are accounted for and corrected, they shall be the most formidable assassination droids in the galaxy."
- ―An HK-50 assassination droid
In a removed part of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, HK-47 would confront G0-T0 on Malachor V, and a group of HK-51 droids would come and help him defeat G0-T0, if HK-47 had programmed them to aid him while in the HK Manufacturing Plant (HK-47 could also choose to destroy them, causing him to lose to G0-T0). The HK Manufacturing Plant was also a removed part of the game.
HK-51 droids later made an appearance in the 2011 video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. At level 50, a small quest chain in the "Section X" area of Belsavis leads to the discovery of the crashed Imperial battlecruiser Fatality, carrying a full compliment of damaged but salvagable HK-51s. To claim the HK-51 for themselves, the player must first team up with others to explore the abandoned Czerka Corporation cruiser Theoretika in the Unknown Regions, and obtain a set of HK schematics. Afterwards, they must collect certain HK parts from Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Taris, Hoth and Tatooine, from the False Emperor flashpoint on normal or hard difficulty, and either the Maelstrom Prison (Republic) or the Foundry (Empire) on hard mode. The part on the capital worlds (Coruscant and Dromund Kaas) requires a character of the opposite faction (i.e. making a Republic character to obtain the part on Coruscant for an Imperial "main") of at least level 10, the level around which players normally leave their starter world. After the parts are collected, the player returns to the Fatality wreck on Belsavis, and confronts a Sith of the Dread Host called "The Lord of Agony", again with a group. After the Lord of Agony is defeated, the player may claim their HK-51.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Cut content)
- HK-51 Revealed (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- HK-51 on Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki
- Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5. Developer Blogs (November 14, 2012). Retrieved on November 15, 2012.
- Jones, James B. (November 2, 2012). HK-51 Classified Intel. Community Developer Blog. Retrieved on November 2, 2012.
Notes and ReferencesEdit