|HWK-290 light freighter|
150 metric tons
The HWK-290 was manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation during the decades leading up to the Battle of Naboo, in an effort to break into a new market for fast, small cargo ships. Unlike YT-series of ships for tramp captains, the Hawk line was aimed at more upscale clients, like wealthy merchants and noble politicians. The series saw modest success, but never reached the amount of sales of YT-series, and was discontinued during the Clone Wars to make way for military production.
Measuring twenty-nine meters in length, the HWK-290 resembled the head of a large raptor, and required a pilot and co-pilot to operate. The freighter could accommodate up to six passengers and 75 tons of cargo. The ships were produced without armament; they used speed and maneuverability to escape most situations.
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire / audio drama
- Shinbone Showdown
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent / audio drama
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Dark Forces: Jedi Knight / audio drama
- X-Wing Miniatures: HWK-290 Expansion