The HWK-290 light freighter was a model of light freighter that existed during the reign of the Galactic Empire that could be flown by a single pilot and had life support. Gamut Key, the Imperial-appointed provincial governor of the planet Kaller, owned a HWK-290. Originally manufactured without weapons, numerous HWK-290s were outfitted by the Alliance to Restore the Republic to drop incendiary bombs during the Undead Troopers invasion, which made them effective against infantry targets.
Behind the scenesEdit
The HWK-290 light freighter first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in "The Sickness," a time-limited campaign featured in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile game published by Disney Interactive that was released on August 21, 2014. It was originally created for Star Wars: Dark Forces, a 1995 Star Wars Legends First-Person Shooter developed by and published by LucasArts. Although the HWK-290's full designation has not yet been used in any canon source, Lucasfilm Story Group member Leland Chee confirmed on Twitter that all Legends ship model names should be assumed to be canon unless stated otherwise.
- Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 screenshot) . “@LelalMekha Fair to assume species names are the same unless you hear otherwise. Same goes for planets. And ship models.” (
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind
- ↑ Kanan 6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue: Haunt
- ↑ Limited Early Access Unveiled for 'Star Wars:Commander,' a New Combat Strategy Game for Mobile Devices on Disney Interactive's Tumblr
- ↑ Star Wars: Dark Forces