The HWK-290 freighter was a model of freighter that existed during the reign of the Galactic Empire that could be flown by a single pilot and had life support. Gamut Key, the Imperial-appointed provincial governor of the planet Kaller, owned a HWK-290. Originally manufactured without weapons, numerous HWK-290s were outfitted by the Alliance to Restore the Republic to drop incendiary bombs during the Undead Troopers invasion, which made them effective against infantry targets.
Behind the scenesEdit
The HWK-290 freighter first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in "The Sickness," a time-limited campaign featured in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile game published by Disney Interactive that was released on August 21, 2014. It was originally created for Star Wars: Dark Forces, a 1995 Star Wars Legends First-Person Shooter developed by and published by LucasArts.
- Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind
- ↑ Kanan 6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue: Haunt
- ↑ Limited Early Access Unveiled for 'Star Wars:Commander,' a New Combat Strategy Game for Mobile Devices on Disney Interactive's Tumblr
- ↑ Star Wars: Dark Forces