In 137 ABY, Cade Skywalker planned to lure Sith Lord Darth Krayt to Had Abbadon in order to assassinate him and bring down the Sith Order and his Empire. By this time, the planet was home to an Imperial garrison loyal to the Sith usurper.
Behind the scenesEdit
Had Abbadon was actually a proposed name for the Imperial capital—later identified as Coruscant—which appeared in early drafts of Return of the Jedi. It was meant to be a city-planet orbited by two Death Stars under construction, and the Green Moon, later renamed Jus-Endor (which would later become Endor). Its lowest levels were meant to be home to Emperor Palpatine's throne room, surrounded by a lake of lava, around which Luke Skywalker would duel Darth Vader. These concepts were ultimately separated into the Emperor's throne room aboard Death Star II and Mustafar.
Abbadon is similar to the Hebrew word abaddon, meaning "destruction."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 28: Vector, Part 9 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 29: Vector, Part 10 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Legacy 30: Vector, Part 11
- Star Wars: Legacy 31: Vector, Part 12
- Star Wars: Legacy: Storms (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 38: Tatooine, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook (First mentioned in canon)
- "The Ultimate Return of the Jedi Insider's Guide"—Star Wars Insider 67
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Picture only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Art of Ralph McQuarrie
- "25 Years of Return of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 105
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 14
- The Essential Atlas
- "From Page to Screen and Back Again..."—Star Wars Insider 145