Hair was a collection of pigmented thread-like strands growing from the skin of certain species, including humans and Weequays. The thick coat of hair of certain life-forms was also referred to as fur. Such species included the Wookiees of Kashyyyk and the Talz of Orto Plutonia. Hair came in a great variety of colors, lengths and thicknesses. As exemplified by the case of Obi-Wan Kenobi, hair lost its hue with old age.
Hair could be styled in a vast number of ways for pratical or aesthetic reasons. The human weapon experts Sabine Wren used to keep her hair short because it would often get sweaty under her Mandalorian helmet. Nonetheless, she also did dye jobs to add rainbow streaks in her hair. Besides conventional dyes, there existed a Mon Cal microplankton that would bond with each strand of hair, giving it a bioluminescent glow. The queens of Naboo often sported very intricate hairstyles. A product known as hair gel could be applied to tame any unruly hairs one may have.
Hair appears in almost every Star Wars work. Hair is also referred to in virtually every Star Wars novel and many short stories, since describing someone's hair is often used to describe a character physically to the reader.
Hair is also referred to in the following visual, or other, media:
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- ↑ The Rebellion Begins
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"