Located near the Vahaba asteroid belt and Selaggis VI, Halmad was a trade center at the hub of several hyperroutes. Its mining industry failed roughly between 200 BBY and 100 BBY but the location retained its importance due to the hyperspace routes.
In the years following the Battle of Endor, Halmad was located near Zsinj space, but still controlled by the Galactic Empire. In 7.5 ABY during the Galactic Civil War, the planet was chosen by Wraith Squadron—a New Republic commando squadron—as the target for their raids while disguised as a pirate group called the Hawk-bat Independent Space Force. During one such raid, several TIE Interceptors were stolen from Victory Base, an Imperial base located on the planet. In another battle above, Wraith pilot Ton Phanan was shot down and died of his injuries despite a rescue attempt by his best friend Garik Loran.
- X-Wing: Iron Fist (First appearance)
- "Rogue Leaders"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 4 (Picture only)
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook