Halurian ice-boars were large, porcine creatures native to a location in the Haluria system, a star system located within the Mid Rim region of the galaxy. The creatures had thick hide plates that covered and protected their bodies. The plates were considered to be nearly impervious to such bladed tools as knives. When the Dark Lord of the Sith Skere Kaan attempted to dominate the mind of his fellow Sith Lord, Darth Bane, shortly before the final battle of the New Sith Wars on the planet of Ruusan in 1000 BBY, Bane compared Kaan's efforts with a knife scraping against an ice-boar's hide plates.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Halurian ice-boar was first mentioned in the novel Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, written by Drew Karpyshyn and published on September 26, 2006. The creature was later given its own entry in 2008's reference book The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 233
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Haluria system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Halurian ice-boar. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 11 ("Halurian ice-boar")
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Chapter 29
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 135
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 133
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 98