- "With oursa treasury restocked, there is noah need to fight oursa neighbors. Wesa will join yousa Gallo."
- ―Hantic joins forces with Boss Gallo
Hantic was a male Ankura Gungan who was the Boss of the city of Otoh Langua on the planet Naboo in the year 3000 BBY. During a period of war between the Gungans around that time, Otoh Langua's treasury was severely depleted, forcing the city's inhabitants to continue fighting. Eventually, Hantic was visited by Boss Gallo, who was attempting to unite the Gungans against Rogoe, the Boss manipulating the war. Hantic told Gallo that Otoh Langua would join his cause if he found a way to restore the city's wealth, which Gallo did by destroying one of Rogoe's spaceports. Hantic thanked Gallo for aiding his city and contributed forces to Gallo's Grand Army.
- "Wesa have problems of oursa own. The wars have depleted oursa treasury. But if wesa stop fighten now, there will be no way to get back oursa wealth."
- ―Hantic, telling Gallo of his city's troubles
Hantic was a male Ankura Gungan who lived on the planet Naboo and served as the Boss of the city of Otoh Langua in the year 3000 BBY. During Hantic's reign in Otoh Langua, Naboo's various Gungan cities were at war with each other, and as a result Otoh Langua lost a vast amount of its resources, forcing Hantic to continue fighting until he could find a solution. In the war Otoh Langua also formed a rivalry with the city of Otoh Jahai, whose Boss accused Hantic of stealing his city's Sacred Staff, an important religious artifact. However, Hantic denied the claim and had not actually stolen the staff.
Eventually, Gallo, the former Boss of the ruined city of Otoh Sancture, came to Otoh Langua as part of his crusade to unite the Gungan tribes against Boss Rogoe, who was controlling the war and had destroyed Gallo's city. Gallo asked Hantic if he had stolen the staff from Otoh Jahai, where he had previously visited and had agreed to find it, but Hantic stated that he did not have the staff. Hantic then told Gallo that if he somehow restored Otoh Langua's wealth, he would join Gallo's cause. On advice from his ally Marsune, Gallo and his militiagungs attacked a spaceport that belonged to Rogoe and stole its supplies to give to Hantic. In turn, Hantic thanked Gallo for helping him and donated four Kaadu Cavalry members, domesticated bipedal kaadu mounted with cannons on their backs, to Gallo's Grand Army.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Otoh Jahai isen crazy! Wesa do not have their artifact! Until theysa realize dat, there will be fighten between usen."
- ―Hantic, when Gallo questioned him about stealing Otoh Jahai's sacred staff
During the war against the other Gungan tribes, Hantic, a green-skinned member of his species, was forced to keep his men fighting in order to sustain his city but was very willing to seek a peaceful solution when Gallo asked him to cease combat. Hantic was also quite offended when Gallo asked if he had stolen Otoh Jahai's Sacred Staff and remarked that the other city was crazy for saying so.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hantic appears in the 2001 PC video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion, Clone Campaigns. Hantic appeared in the second level of the Gungan campaign, "The Gungan who would be Boss." Prior to the game's release, the character was first mentioned in the game's strategy guide, which stated he was just a voice that the player hears when entering Otoh Langua, but in the game Hantic can actually be seen by the player in the city. The image used for Hantic in the game is also the same image used for several other Gungan Bosses who appear. Hantic's voice actor was also uncredited in the game.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas places the Gungan war, in which Hantic fought, in 3000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide