Harbin-re was a planet in the Harbin-re system of the Inner Rim, discovered by the galactic community some time between 25,000 and 15,000 BBY. Between around 1,004 and 19 BBY, the area of space occupied by Harbin-re was considered to be under the political hegemony of the Galactic Republic. During the Imperial Period, it was famous for its Neoclassical operas, of which Galactic Emperor Palpatine was a fan. By 137 ABY, Harbin-re had fallen under the zone of control of Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
Harbin-re was introduced in Paul Sudlow's article "Galaxywide NewsNets," published in the Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (1995). The article did not elaborate upon the subject past its name and connection to opera, and it was not until the publication of The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (2008) that Harbin-re was confirmed to be a planet. The Essential Atlas (2009) included a listing for the Harbin-re system in its index, clarifying the general location of the world.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Essential Atlas, p. 233.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 18.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 120. Harbin-re's exact placement within its grid is unknown, but the Galactic Explorations map indicates that the entire grid was explored between these dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 133.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 151.
- ↑ "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 226.