- "Master Fisto told me you've been studying the escape pod that—"
"Oh, but you must see it to appreciate what I've learned. I had to move the pod to my new research laboratory away from the Temple as a safety precaution, but there's really nothing to worry about. Except perhaps the discovery of a lifetime!"
- ―Kungurama and Kelpura meet
Harro Kelpura was an Anx male Jedi Master who served as a scholar of the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic on Coruscant during the Clone Wars, and investigated an alien escape pod. In 22 BBY, he responded to a break-in at his lab with the pod's former occupant, Nuru Kungurama. Their freighter crashed during the investigation, knocking Kelpura unconscious. Soon after, he was brought to the Jedi Temple medical center.
Jedi Master Harro Kelpura of the Galactic Republic was an Anx male and a scholar who was eager about his work in the Jedi Archives on the planet Coruscant. During the time of the Clone Wars, a galactic-spanning conflict between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Master Kelpura was assigned to investigate an alien escape pod which had been discovered eleven years earlier. The Jedi Nuru Kungurama had been found on board the pod.
Meeting the pod's occupantEdit
- "Change course now. Two ships have landed without authorization on my lab building's roof, and the alarm system has been disabled. Someone must be trying to steal the pod!"
- ―Kelpura to Kungurama
During the war, he moved the pod to a research lab in the Dacho District away from the Jedi Temple as a safety precaution. Sometime afterward, fallen Jedi Master Count Dooku used Kelpura's claim that the scholar had deciphered data about the alien civilization that had made the pod to convert Kungrama's Master Ring-Sol Ambase to ally with him.
In 22 BBY, Kungurama, now leading the clone trooper unit Breakout Squad, met Kelpura at the Senate Building with Chancellor Palpatine and departed for the Jedi Temple after it was suggested by Master Kit Fisto. En route, Kelpura received a notification that his lab in the Dacho District had been broken into, and they changed course to the lab. Once they arrived, they saw that a Corona-class transport used by Kungurama's missing master, Ring-Sol Ambase, had gotten there first. Kungurama's freighter crashed after the dropship belonging to a bounty hunter assisting Ambase impacted it.
Kelpura was knocked unconscious in the crash, while Kungurama went to confront his master. After the confrontation ended, Kelpura and Ambase were sent to the Jedi Temple medical center. Days later, Kungurama visited both Jedi Masters.
Personality and traitsEdit
Master Kelpura was eager about his work and excited to show his discoveries to the pod's original occupant. Upon receiving the notification about the break-in, he insisted Breakout Squad change course to investigate. He spoke with a low, rumbling voice.
Behind the scenesEdit
Harro Kelpura appears in Ryder Windham's 2012 young readers novel, The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key.
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key
- ↑ Nuru Kungurama was discovered "11 years" before the Clone Wars in The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key. The conflict starts in 22 BBY, according to Star Wars Annual 2011.
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 24 (22 BBY 87–88, The Malevolence Campaign) places the Battle of the Kaliida Nebula in 22 BBY. The battle takes place just prior to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Secret Missions series including Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key