|Chronological and political information|
In 32 BBY Monchar betrayed Darth Sidious and Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray when he fled the Federation freighter Saak'ak with a Sith holocron containing information about the upcoming Invasion of Naboo, hoping to make a fortune selling it.
Monchar attempted to sell the holocron to Darnada, a Black Sun vigo. However, Darnada laughed him off, disbelieving Monchar's claims. Luckily for Monchar, he left Darnada immediately before Darth Maul arrived to slaughter Darnada and his entire operation except Asa Naga who managed to escape.
Monchar went into hiding on Coruscant, where he attempted to sell the holocron to information broker Lorn Pavan for 500,000 credits. Lorn sold the holocron to Yanth the Hutt for 1,000,000 Galactic Credits. However, Darth Maul soon killed Yanth and stole the holocron back.
Nute Gunray dispatched a bounty hunter named Mahwi Lihnn on the suggestion of Rune Haako to bring back Monchar before Sidious could discover his betrayal. Unknown to Gunray, Sidious had already sent his Sith apprentice, Darth Maul. Maul tracked Monchar to his domicile, where he proceeded to kill Monchar's Trandoshan bodyguard, Gorth, and two Quarrens, then beheaded Monchar while suspending him in the air with the Force.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- Darth Maul: Saboteur
- Cloak of Deception
- Star Wars: Darth Maul 2 (First appearance)
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
- End Game (Mentioned only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 6 (GUN3-4, Nute Gunray)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 16 (HAA2, Rune Haako)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 21
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 33
- The Essential Reader's Companion