Havod was a deep red alloy composed of chanlon and hfredium used in the formation of custom starship hulls. The alloy was too difficult to mass-produce, however, and was rarely used unless specifically ordered by the buyer.
During the rawmat shortage of 1–2 ABY, Imperial Admiral Kendel had one hundred Victory-class Star Destroyers languishing in dock at Kuat Drive Yards without proper doonium hull plating. In order to clear space at the yards, Kendel ordered the processing of havod metal alloy plates for these vessels. Despite meeting all Imperial Navy specifications, Kendel's decision was criticized by both outside commentators and by crewers scheduled to serve on the red-hulled vessels. These vessels eventually became the Crimson Command, serving under Warlord Treuten Teradoc.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures video game (First appearance)
- Lords of the Expanse (First mentioned)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia