Black (eyebrow, beard)
Prosthetic leg 
|Chronological and political information|
A Force-sensitive Twi'lek, Hawk Ryo was born into a wealthy family on the planet Shikaakwa. The brother of Baron Volnos Ryo, Hawk Ryo was trained in the ways of the Force by the Je'daii Order on the planet Tython, one of nine planets in the Tython system which made up the Settled Worlds. As a Journeyer, Ryo had a romantic relationship with fellow Journeyer Rori Fenn; the pair ended the relationship after they ascended to the rank of Je'daii Ranger. During his life as a Ranger, Ryo introduced his brother to his future wife, Je'daii Master Kora.
Some time after the Despot War, Ryo and his friend Daegen Lok decided to investigate the Chasm, where something at the bottom causes people to go mad. Though Ryo advised they take their investigation at a pace, Lok recklessly dove deeper. They then experienced a vision, depicting an armored being with a single red eye, leading an army and carrying a sword of fire. In his haste, Ryo dragged Lok out of the Chasm. They then reported to the Masters' Council, whom denounced the vision as madness and exiled to the two to the moon of Bogan. Hawk was eventually allowed to leave after convincing himself that it was Daegen who experienced a false vision and was driven mad.
In 25,793 BBY, the Xesh, a Force Hound of the Infinite Empire crashed the Rakatan ship called the Devourer near the Rift on Tython. At the time, Ryo was stationed at the Furies Gate space station at the edge of the system and saw the ship pass by. The surge of deaths associated with the crash alerted all Je'daii to the foreign presence on the world, as well as stirring a Force storm that would rage across the entire planet. Ryo immediately departed for Tython and met with Ranger Fenn and Temple Master Quan-Jang at the Rift to search of survivors. Despite being attacked briefly by a pair of saarl, the Je'daii arrived safely at the site where they were able to transmit a vid-feed back to Temple Master Kora Ryo at the Temple of Knowledge, Kaleth.
Discovering the broken hilts of three Je'daii Journeyers' swords, Ryo and Fenn paired up on the back of a bipedal mount and delved deep into the Rift in search of their wayward Je'daii while Master Quan-Jang surveyed the area on the back of a mutated rancor-dragon named Butch.
After Xesh's exile, Madog attempted to study the Forcesaber but lacked the skill to activate it. Hawk did so and revealed that his time on Bogan gave him such control. Hawk reveals that he shared the vision that drove Lok mad, but denied it so that he could leave exile, while his best friend refused to lie to himself.
With reports of Xesh missing, they confirmed that both Xesh and Lok had escaped the dark moon and left to make Forcesabers. Hawk Ryo and his team went to Nox, where the forging for the hilt was needed, while the other team headed to Krev Coeur where they would need crystals.
- "Dawn of the Jedi: Eruption"—Star Wars Insider 141
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 1: Force Storm, Part 1 (First appearance) (Cover only)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 2: Force Storm, Part 2
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 3: Force Storm, Part 3
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 4: Force Storm, Part 4
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 5: Force Storm, Part 5
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 6: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 7: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 2
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 9: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 4
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 9: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 2: Force Storm, Part 2
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 10: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 4: Force Storm, Part 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 3: Force Storm, Part 3