A headache described a pain in the head that was experienced by a sentient being. These types of pains could take place anywhere in the skull, and in any species that possessed distinct cranial features, including Gands. However, the term "headache" was most often used by Humans. Headaches were usually simple pains, but could sometimes be a symptom of a much larger or serious problem.
If there was a trace of ammonia in a breathable oxygen atmosphere, it could cause beings to develop headaches. After she and her Rebel compatriots were rescued by Zuckuss and 4-LOM, Toryn Farr suffered from a headache while on the Mist Hunter, as a small amount of ammonia had remained in the air of the bounty hunters' ship after it was replaced by oxygen.
Strong sunlight and loud noise would sometimes cause headaches as well, as could lack of sleep. Pressure to the skull could also lead to headaches, as could a concussion. The Sith Lord Odion suffered from debilitating headaches during his childhood years, caused by his hypersensitive Force connection.
Commercial headache remedies, in the form of painkillers could be swallowed dry or taken with liquid, and would usually cure a simple headache. One type of headache remedy was a special type of white tablet taken with a glass of water. Capsules were another type of painkiller.
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook ("Consumerism in the Corporate Sector")
- "Shape-shifters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- "Alien Encounters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Mandalorian Armor, p. 267, Zuckuss gets a headache
- ↑ Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM, p. 263, Toryn Far gets a headache
- ↑ Star Wars: Kenobi, chapter fourteen
- ↑ The Last Jedi, p. 69
- ↑ "Roll of the Dice"—Star Wars Insider 135
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge, chapter two
- ↑ Knight Errant: Escape 3
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Rebel Dawn, p. 222
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Wild Space, p. 229
- ↑ "Alien Encounters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- Headache on Wikipedia