|HAVr A9 Floating Fortress|
Heavy Assault Vehicle/repulsorlift A9 Floating Fortress
Turreted heavy blaster cannons (2)
The Heavy Assault Vehicle/repulsorlift (HAVr) A9 Floating Fortress, also called the Imperial Flying Fortress, was designed and produced by Ubrikkian to aid ground assault and occupational forces.
It was a heavily armored repulsorlift craft armed with two top-mounted turreted heavy blaster cannons. These weapons were aided by two piercing targeting beams, which could lock on to a high number of targets in the vehicle's vicinity, using the TIN sensor-equipment.
Quite well-adapted to urban warfare, many felt it was better at suppressing urban uprisings than the AT-AT walker, and crews of both vehicles had a long-standing rivalry. While the AT-AT was supported by the Imperial Army, the Floating Fortress was backed by occupational commanders.
The narrow width of the HAVr A9 allowed it to cruise between buildings in even the most crowded city center. A curved box, the HAVr A9 ran 17.4 meters in length, required a pair of drivers and a pair of gunners, carried ten assault troops and one metric ton of cargo, and could hover up to two meters above a surface.
- Rebel Dawn
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale (First appearance)
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- River of Chaos 4
- X-wing: Wedge's Gamble
- "Commando Mission"—Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 26