The Mekuun Corporation Heavy Tracker was a 22.2 meter long repulsorlift vehicle. It had a top speed of one hundred and thirty kilometers an hour, and a ground clearance of two meters. Heavy Trackers were equipped with an omniprobe sensor array, a standard military-grade sensor array, and integrated long-range comlink to detect enemy forces and then relay that information to front line combat units. The omniprobe conducted low-level scans tied to a planet's gravitational center, with the sensor beam following the terrain which allowed it to detect enemy units without requiring line-of-sight.
The Heavy Tracker was a heavily armored craft armed with a single Mk 2e/W heavy laser cannon The cannon was fed data acquired by the omniprobe, allowing it to fire at selected targets from long range. A crew of six operated the craft, two of whom were the gunners assigned to man the heavy laser cannon, although it could be run by a crew of three individuals if needed. Five additional crew operated the omniprobe; two communications technicians, two sensor technicians, and the commander. It could carry two hundred and fifty kilograms of cargo, and consumables to last a week. Heavy Trackers cost 125,000 credits to buy new, and 75,000 used.
The Alliance to Restore the Republic classified the Heavy Tracker as a Combat Assault Vehicle, but utilized them as mobile scanning units rather than direct assault craft. Due to the vehicle's large target profile, slow speed, and long-range targeting capabilities, Heavy Trackers were kept behind the front lines since they had no reason to enter close combat situations. They were also employed as mobile command units
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Classic Adventures: Volume Four - The Best of the Journal
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- ↑ "Stand at Bhir'khi Pass"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9