|Heavy blaster pistol|
|Usage and history|
A heavy blaster pistol, or heavy blaster, was a more powerful version of the standard blaster pistol.
Heavy blaster pistols were basically cut-down blaster rifles, utilizing a more highly powered gas chamber, firing larger, more damaging bolts with a wider beam. Though bulkier and heavier than a standard blaster pistol, the heavy blaster's advantage was firepower. It had destructive power comparable to a blaster rifle but a shorter range than the typical blaster pistol. The power pack was generally the same size as a standard pistol and was consumed at a considerably higher rate than a typical blaster pistol. Due to the weapon's formidable power it was in most systems heavily restricted if not entirely illegal.
Heavy blaster pistols were very popular with soldiers and mercenaries of all sorts.
The Arkanians were the first to experiment with creating blaster pistols with the same energy output as blaster rifles around 5,000 BBY. It took some time for the concept to be widely adopted, and it wasn't until the time of the Jedi Civil War that power output of heavy blasters around the galaxy began to match Arkanian standards.
- Cassus Fett's heavy blaster pistol
- CR-2 blaster pistol
- DL-44 heavy blaster pistol
- Power 5 heavy blaster pistol
- S-5 heavy blaster pistol
- SSK-7 heavy blaster pistol
- Zabrak Tystel
- Mandalorian heavy blaster
- DC-17 hand blaster
- DT-57 heavy blaster pistol
- DC-15s side arm blaster
- Model 434 blaster pistol
- Renegade heavy blaster pistol
Behind the scenesEdit
The Heavy Blaster heavily resembles the German Mauser C96, a widely used sidearm for the German army in World Wars I and II.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game