A heavy weapon was a personal weapon which required more than one crew member, often utilizing extra equipment such as tripod mounts and portable power generators, as well as weaponry mounted on vehicles. Most heavy weapons designed for use by infantry were easily transportable, with examples like the T-21 light repeating blaster carried by a single trooper, though others required repulsorlift trailers for mobility. They were also known as light artillery pieces or squad support weapons because each squad was typically issued one, usually a repeating blaster.
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook