Heff Tobber was a human male pilot who served as a lieutenant in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Battle of Scarif. Initially, Tobber was stationed as a transport pilot at the Rebel outpost on the planet Crait. However, when the base was abandoned, the pilot ventured to the moon Yavin 4 and joined Blue Squadron. There, Tobber quickly became one of the most popular U-wing pilots with the infantry. In the year 0 BBY, he took part in the Battle of Scarif under the callsign of Blue Eight, but did not get through the planetary shield over Scarif with his U-Wing starfighter and therefore supported Green Squadron in orbit around the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Heff Tobber was portrayed by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story First Assistant Director Toby Hefferman, who originally donned a costume for still photography. Later events resulted in him becoming an X-wing pilot on-screen.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Heff Tobber)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – U-wing Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files