Hellhound Two, alternatively spelled Hellhound 2, was an All Terrain Armored Transport used by the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Jakku, the final battle of the Galactic Civil War. Almost three decades after the battle, the AT-AT served as the home of a young scavenger named Rey, who salvaged what supplies she could and lived inside of the walker, which lay on its side in the Goazon Badlands.
Hellhound Two was one of the Galactic Empire's quadruped All Terrain Armored Transport combat walkers. Like other AT-ATs, the vehicle had a grey hull and featured two chin-mounted heavy laser cannons and two temple-mounted medium blasters. The craft was operated by pilots and commanders and ferried multiple stormtroopers.
Battle of JakkuEdit
While in Imperial service, the AT-AT was designated "Hellhound Two", and formed part of the military compliment of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer, Interrogator. The walker was deployed to the desert planet of Jakku one year after the Battle of Endor, where it went into combat against the fledgling New Republic during the Battle of Jakku, the final battle of the Galactic Civil War. At some point during the battle, the walker was toppled over in the Goazon Badlands, and its crew apparently killed.
Home of ReyEdit
Twenty-nine years after the Empire's defeat on Jakku, the young scavenger named Rey had made a home for herself in the abandoned walker. Having stripped it of its valuable parts, Rey lived in the troop compartment of AT-AT, which simultaneously served as her kitchen, bedroom, and workroom. To defend against intruders, Rey had welded the walker's hatches shut, using its auxiliary hatch as an entrance. Salvaged fuel cells from the walker's laser-cannon energizer wired up to a TIE fighter's solar panel help power Rey's homemade generator.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hellhound Two first appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. It was originally painted in gray paint, but in the salt plains of Abu Dhabi where Jakku scenes were filmed, the set designers had to switch to a metallic paint so it was visible. A scale model of the homestead was also created.
- Before the Awakening (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance) (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Wreckage only)
- The Force Awakens, Part I (Wreckage only)
- Finn & Rey Escape! (Wreckage only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back" (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (First identified as Hellhound Two)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ AT-AT. Star Wars Rebels (October 25, 2015, 5:55 pm). Retrieved on October 25, 2015, 11:55 pm. "The iconic behemoth of the battlefield." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 8.0 8.1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens