- "I live in a toppled AT-AT walker in the Goazon. It's a strange place but it's mine."
Hellhound Two, alternatively spelled Hellhound 2, was an All Terrain Armored Transport used by the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Jakku, the final battle of the Galactic Civil War. Almost three decades after the battle, the AT-AT served as the home of a young scavenger named Rey, who salvaged what supplies she could and lived inside of the walker, which lay on its side in the Goazon Badlands.
Hellhound Two was one of the Galactic Empire's quadruped All Terrain Armored Transport combat walkers. Like other AT-ATs, the vehicle had a grey hull and featured two chin-mounted heavy laser cannons and two temple-mounted medium blasters. The craft was operated by two pilots and a commander, and it could ferry multiple stormtroopers.
Battle of JakkuEdit
While in Imperial service, the AT-AT was designated "Hellhound Two", and formed part of the Hellhound attack force of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer, Interrogator. The walker was deployed to the desert planet of Jakku one year after the Battle of Endor, where it went into combat against the fledgling New Republic during the Battle of Jakku, the final battle of the Galactic Civil War. Its objective was to protect the Imperial research base.
The walker was destroyed by New Republic A-wing pilot Odavia Anaru. Knocked out of the sky by a surface-to-air missile in the Goazon Badlands, Anaru was well behind enemy lines. Retreating to better cover, Anaru took a rocket launcher from a fallen trooper. Bracing the heavy weapon against a broken hull fragment, she took aim at the lead AT-AT assaulting New Republic commandos, and fired. Stormtroopers rushed her position, but Anaru didn't move, instead firing all six rockets at the AT-AT's weak points. While the walker crumbled, Odavia Anaru died in the effort, and was posthumously awarded the Medal of Valor.
Home of ReyEdit
Twenty-nine years after the Empire's defeat on Jakku, the young scavenger named Rey had made a home for herself in the abandoned walker. Having stripped it of its valuable parts, Rey lived in the troop compartment of AT-AT, which simultaneously served as her kitchen, bedroom, and workroom. To defend against intruders, Rey had welded the walker's hatches shut, using its auxiliary hatch as an entrance. Salvaged fuel cells from the walker's laser-cannon energizer wired up to a TIE fighter's solar panel help power Rey's homemade generator. When she became a target of the First Order for being seen with Finn at Niima Outpost, Rey was forced to leave the AT-AT and Jakku behind to join the Resistance.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hellhound Two first appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. It was originally painted in gray paint, but in the salt plains of Abu Dhabi where Jakku scenes were filmed, the set designers had to switch to a metallic paint so it was visible. A scale model of the homestead was also created.
- Forces of Destiny: Daring Adventures: Volume 1 (Wreckage only)
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 1 (Wreckage only)
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 2 (Wreckage only)
- Before the Awakening (Wreckage only)
- "Destroyer Down"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance) (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Wreckage only)
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story (Wreckage only)
- Rolling with BB-8! (Mentioned only)
- Rey Meets BB-8 (Wreckage only)
- Finn & Rey Escape! (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation (Wreckage only)
- The Force Awakens, Part I (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Rey (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Sands of Jakku" (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "BB-8 Bandits" (Wreckage only)
- Rey's Survival Guide (First identified as Hellhound Two)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back" (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ AT-AT. Star Wars Rebels (October 25, 2015, 5:55 pm). Retrieved on October 25, 2015, 11:55 pm. "The iconic behemoth of the battlefield." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens