| Societal information
- "Oh, yes, Palpatine loved that place..."
- ―Mara Jade Skywalker
During the time of the Galactic Empire, Emperor Palpatine had a retreat on the world. Furthermore, many New Republic diplomats stayed on Hesperidium during their travels to the Coruscant system. It was the last stopping place of the Adamantine and the Borealis before they departed with Leia Organa Solo for the Meridian sector, for a meeting with Seti Ashgad.
During the Second Galactic Civil War, the Hesperidium resort was still in operation, though with less clientele spending money on travel, and more on rebuilding their lives. Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker tracked Lumiya to the moon, where a vicious duel ensued. Mara was battered and bruised, and Lumiya sustained several injuries to her cybernetic and organic systems, as well. Mara believed that if not for the intervention of the Sith Meditation Sphere, she would have been successful in killing Lumiya.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Planet of Twilight (First appearance)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (Third Edition)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (DOO2, TT-8L Door Droid)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia