Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Just relax for a moment. You're free of the carbonite. Shh. You have hibernation sickness."
"I can't see."
"Your eyesight will return in time."
- ―Leia Organa and Han Solo
Hibernation sickness, also known as carbon sickness, was a medical condition that could occur when a person was brought out of suspended animation in carbonite. It was characterized by exhaustion, weakness, dehydration, dizziness, memory loss, and temporary blindness. The most serious cases of hibernation sickness could result in death. Han Solo suffered from a mild case of hibernation sickness after being rescued from carbonite by Leia Organa in the palace of Jabba the Hutt.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (Mentioned only) (As "carbon sickness")
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ; image #14 (of 16) (First identified as Hibernation sickness)