Relocated in 138 ABY
|Chronological and political information|
- "Good to know the temple's still here, though. All the smallest younglings made it here even if so many of the Knights and Masters didn't. Most of those who survived still haven't a clue, I bet."
- ―"Bantha" Rawk
The Hidden Temple was a secret refuge for the Jedi during and after the Sith–Imperial War. The original Hidden Temple was in operation following the Great Jedi Purge, and was abandoned sometime before the Massacre at Ossus.
With the start of the Sith–Imperial War, the Jedi High Council ordered the creation of a new Hidden Temple as a secret haven for the Jedi in case of another attempt at extermination by the Empire. Having remembered the lesson of the Clone Wars and Order 66, its location, the planet Taivas in the Zhar system, was picked by Nat Skywalker and left a closely guarded secret. Establishing the Temple, Skywalker turned it over to the Jedi Council for use when they saw need to occupy it.
Many Jedi had found refuge there when Cade Skywalker visited the Temple in 137 ABY; Cade would meet with the surviving members of the Jedi High Council on this trip. Skywalker was unwittingly followed by a group of Imperial Knights, who had found its location, hoping to persuade the Council to join forces with Roan Fel. While they were permitted to remain at the Temple for the duration of the Council's deliberations, their request was turned down and they were asked to leave. During Cade Skywalker's stay, his friend Jariah Syn attacked Master Rasi Tuum, the Jedi responsible for his father's death.
The Hidden Temple was constructed out of several different starships turned upright in a pool of water and connected by bridges. The ships utilized in its construction include multiple CR90 corvettes, an Immobilizer 418 cruiser, at least one Nebulon-B escort frigate, a Recusant-class light destroyer, an Assault Frigate Mark I, a Corellian Star Shuttle, a Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser, and what appears to be a Home One type Star Cruiser.
Amidst the towering ships, a broad plaza led to the High Council chamber, a round room with three seats for the members of the Jedi Council that managed to make their way to the Temple. Scattered off of the ships that made up the Temple were meditation gardens which allowed quiet places where the exiled Jedi could be amongst more natural settings. Meditation Garden Orenth was one of these gardens that could be found there.
- Star Wars: Legacy 24: Loyalties, Part 2 (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Legacy: The Hidden Temple (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Legacy 28: Vector, Part 9 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 29: Vector, Part 10 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 34: Storms, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 43: Monster, Part 1
- Star Wars: Legacy 49: Extremes, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 3
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 4
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 5 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit