Traditionally regarded as one of the primary ruling bodies of the destroyed planet of Alderaan, the High Council was a bulwark of that world's famed democratic system, despite it possessing a constitutional monarchy. The Royal House of Alderaan held governing power directly over the High Council, led by the House of Organa in its twilight years, but the High Council itself was representative of all sentients then living on Alderaan. Alderaan's vizier presumably also sat on the High Council.
The ruling heirs to the Alderaanian throne were expected to immerse themselves in the subtle niceties of social justice and political rule during their lifetimes; the majority of them served terms both in the Galactic Senate of Coruscant as their people's representative (although at times this post was held by others not from the royal house, such as Senator Bail Antilles), as well as on the High Council.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Old Republic: Deceived (Mentioned only)
- Graveyard of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (radio) (First mentioned)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 48 ("High Council of Alderaan")