High Galactic was a Pre-Republic language which was later used to show respect for the clergy and the elite.
In the later millennia, it was often used to show respect between members of the clergy and laymen. Sarcev Quest was fluent in High Galactic. It was also used as the language of the Imperial court and elite, as most officers from prestigious families were familiar with High Galactic.
Its alphabet became an alternative to Aurebesh for written forms of Basic.
Example words included:
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Queen of Air and Darkness
- A Reckoning of Wraiths
- Scoundrels (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils! (First appearance)
- Murder on the Executor
- The Emperor's Pawns"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- "Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat"—Star Wars Insider 62
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Scum and Villainy
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force